Autor Wątek: Steam i SourceEngine zmierza na Linuxa  (Przeczytany 2480 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Mr_Zombie

• Global Moderator
  • Marynarz z Potiomkina
  • Reputacja: 15
  • Press a button and something awesome happens...
Steam i SourceEngine zmierza na Linuxa
« dnia: Maja 13, 2010, 09:01:36 am »
Już nie tylko Windows i Mac, ale i Linux otrzyma swojego Steam'a i gry na niego :dance:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=valve_steam_announcement

Valve Corporation has today rolled out their Steam Mac OS X client to the general public and confirmed something we have been reporting for two years: the Steam content delivery platform and Source Engine are coming to Linux. This news is coming days after we discovered proof in Steam's Mac OS X Client of Linux support and subsequently found more Linux references and even the unreleased Steam Linux client. The day has finally come and Linux gamers around the world have a reason to rejoice, as this is the biggest news for the Linux gaming community that sees very few tier-one titles.

Found already within the Steam store are Linux-native games like Unreal Tournament 2004, World of Goo, and titles from id Software such as Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Doom 3. Now that the Source Engine is officially supported on Linux, some Source-based games will be coming over too. (...) Postal III is also being released this year atop the Source Engine and it will be offering up a native client. We have confirmed that Valve's latest and popular titles like Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, and Team Fortress 2 are among the first of the Steam Linux titles, similar to the Mac OS X support. The released Linux client should be available by the end of summer.

I jak tu nie kochać Valve? <3
Always code as if the person who will maintain your code
is a maniac serial killer that knows where you live.

adriano

• Marynarz z Potiomkina
  • Reputacja: 4
Odp: Steam i SourceEngine zmierza na Linuxa
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Maja 13, 2010, 10:45:18 am »
I jak tu nie kochać Valve? <3

Posiadacze PS3 znajdą pewnie jakieś powody  ;)

maertin

• Bohater wojny GOjczyźnianej
  • Reputacja: 4
  • !
Odp: Steam i SourceEngine zmierza na Linuxa
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Maja 13, 2010, 13:43:13 pm »
Można narzekać ile wlezie na Gabe'a.

Ale ludzi od level desingu, to Valve ma chyba najlepszych. W żadnym innym fps eksploracja terenu i interakcja z nim nie sprawia mi tyle satysfakcji co w ich grach.

Don't mess with the best, 'cause the best don't mess!